WE ARE OPEN - In light of the recent government announcement, from the 5th of November we will remain open to appointments during the national lockdown.
As always the safety of our patients remains our top priority.
Free remote consultation
Straighten your teeth with Invisalign
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten teeth without the metal or wires needed for braces. Using a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, Invisalign combines 21st century technology and revolutionary manufacturing to customise a treatment for each individual patient.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign works using aligners that look a bit like a sports mouthguard but are a lot thinner and less noticeable. These aligners, which are made of clear, strong, medical grade, non-toxic plastic, are specifically moulded to your individual requirements and fit over your upper and lower teeth. This plastic is virtually invisible when worn so no one will notice you’re having treatment.
These aligners are designed to gradually move your teeth into the desired position. Every two to three weeks you’ll be given a new set of aligners which build on the work of the previous ones. The length of treatment is dependent on the severity of individual cases and will vary from anywhere between six months to two years. Average treatment time is around 12 to 14 months.
Which type of Invisalign is right for me?
If you’re considering Invisalign, we’ll advise you of the type of Invisalign you could most benefit from.
- Invisalign Full is the most common type of Invisalign treatment. This version is used for treating the longer and more complex bite issues that are often treated with traditional metal braces. With Invisalign full, you will need to wear top and bottom aligners for anywhere between 12 and 18 months.
- Invisalign Lite is ideal for the less complex issues when all that’s required is a minor adjustment to the front six teeth. Invisalign Lite can also be used as preparatory treatment prior to cosmetic dentistry work like veneers or crowns and will achieve results in as little as six months.
- Invisalign i7 takes the least amount of time and is perfect if you just have one or two crooked teeth or a minor crowding issue of the front six teeth, known as the smiling teeth. If you have already had orthodontic work done, or just have a slight adjustment you’d like made to your teeth, Invisalign i7 can make the correction within three months.
- Invisalign Teen is the version of Invisalign geared to teenagers who need braces, but don’t want to be embarrassed with a mouth full of metal. In the teen years, your mouth and teeth are constantly growing so these aligners are designed to deal with these issues. These aligners have a compliance indicator which will fade from blue to clear to indicate if your teen is wearing the aligners for the recommended 20-22 hours per day.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
- Discreet treatment: Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible so you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing you’re wearing an orthodontic appliance. They’re also removable so you can eat and drink whatever you want during treatment. Just be sure to brush your teeth well afterwards.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners are comfortable to wear as there are no metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation. No metal or wires also means you spend less time in the orthodontist’s chair getting adjustments.
- Easy to clean: Traditional metal braces can make it difficult to floss and brush properly, which can cause decalcification. This can lead to unsightly marks on the teeth and possibly even decay. Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can brush and floss normally, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene and prevent decalcification.
- Less risk: In order to move teeth, force needs to be applied. One of the problems that can arise from this is root resorption. This condition refers to the breakdown of the root of a tooth and could lead to the loss of the tooth. Because the forces exerted by Invisalign aligners are more gradual than those applied by traditional braces, early indications are that Invisalign treatment exhibits a much lower rate of root resorption.
- Safer on teeth: When traditional metal braces are removed from teeth, this can sometimes cause some of the tooth’s enamel to be removed as well. Because Invisalign doesn’t require brackets to be bonded to your teeth with orthodontic adhesive, enamel scouring is not an issue.
Invisalign aligners are, quite possibly, the most effective orthodontic appliance for straightening teeth, and much of this is down to the technology used with this treatment method. To create your series of customised aligners, we use the iTero Intraoral digital scanner. This small, yet highly capable scanner, captures images of your teeth and jaws to create three-dimensional dental images in minutes. What’s more, these images then appear on the screen so you can see what your teeth will look like after treatment, even before you’ve started!
Book your free consultation
Ready to start out on your journey to straighter teeth? Book a free consultation with our treatment coordinator and discover the benefits of Invisalign treatment.