How can I practise proper oral hygiene?
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day (for at least 2 minutes) to remove plaque and prevent tooth decay and gum disease.
- Use a toothbrush with a small head or an electric toothbrush for thorough cleaning.
- Brush your teeth in small circular motions - making sure that the bristles are angled toward the gum line.
- After brushing, spit the excess toothpaste out but do not rinse with water.
- Floss daily to remove plaque and debris missed by brushes.
- Use a fluoride toothpaste to strengthen your enamel and prevent tooth decay.
- Use disclosing tablets regularly to make sure you’re brushing thoroughly and in all the right places.
- Try to limit your intake of sweet, sugary treats. This includes soda and other fizzy or acidic beverages. These can cause plaque buildup and erode your enamel.
- Attend your regular six-monthly dental check ups for cleanings.